2 cups water
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup quinoa
1/2 cup rice (long-grain, aromatic like Basmati)
1 teaspoon salt1/2 red onion
1 can black beans
1 can whole corn
1-1 1/2 cup mango chipotle vinaigrette, divided
½ orange bell pepper
½ red bell pepper
1 cup orange cherry tomatoes
1 medium cucumber
1 medium, firm sweet mango
1 bunch parsley
1 4 ounce package feta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Bring the water to a boil in your kettle.
2) In a medium size pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add rice, quinoa and salt. Stir until all grains are evenly coated with the oil.
3) Add boiling water. Cover and cook for 20 minutes on medium low until all the water has been absorbed. Chill in refrigerator overnight.
4) Finely chop onion. Marinate in pickle juice overnight.
5) Wash and drain black beans and corn. In a large glass bowl, mix beans and corn with 1 cup of the mango chipotle vinaigrette.
6) Finely chop bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumber and mango. Add to bean and corn mixture. Chill in refrigerator overnight.
7) On the second day, using your fingers, gently separate quinoa and rice grains. Add to bean and corn mixture.
8) Finely chop parsley. Add to bean and corn mixture.
9) Scoop out the onion from the pickle juice. Add to bean and corn mixture.
10) Add feta cheese to bean and corn mixture.
11) Add salt and pepper to taste. And the remaining mango chipotle vinaigrette, if needed. Mix well and serve chilled.