4 quart jars
5 lbs. lemons
4 tablespoons chile powder
4 tablespoons turmeric powder
8 tablespoons split mustard seeds
4 teaspoons salt
24 whole cloves
1 teaspoon cayenne powder
4 cups of extra light olive oil
1) Sterilize Jars.
2) Dry lemons with a kitchen towel. Cut into one inch cubes.
3) Mix the chile powder, turmeric powder, split mustard seeds and salt in small bowl.
4) Bring olive oil to an almost boil. Remove from heat.
5) Make sure jars are dry.
6) Place six whole cloves in each jar.
7) Add lemon pieces until jar is half full.
8) Add one tablespoon of dry spice mixture.
9) Tamp down lemon and spice mixture until most air spaces are eliminated.
10) Add more lemon and spice mixture. Tamp down.
11) Add ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder to each jar.
12) Top with one cup of hot olive oil.
13) Leave on counter until the olive oil is room temp.
14) Cover with lid and place in a sunny window for 14 days. Turn jars, mixing spices and oil, at least once a day.