2 lbs. Brussels Sprouts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
1 teaspoon whole black mustard seed
8 cloves of garlic, grind into paste
2 inches of ginger, grind into paste
1 tablespoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
2 small roma tomatoes, diced
1 lime, juiced
½ bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
1) Wash and cut Brussels sprouts into bite size chunks, discarding tough stems and leaves.
2) In a large, heat two tablespoons olive oil on medium heat. Add cumin and mustard seeds.
3) When the cumin seeds are browned and the mustard seeds start popping, add ginger-garlic paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
4) Add dry spices and cook for 2-3 minutes until aromatic. (If you don't want to deal with all the spices, just use 1-2 teaspoons curry powder.)
5) Add Brussels sprouts and mix well. Cover and cook for 7-10 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are crisp-tender.
6) Add diced tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
7) Remove from heat and mix in lime juice and cilantro leaves. Serve. Makes 8 side dish portions or 4 main dish portions.